1. Determine your eligibility. Find out if you are eligible by reviewing our eligibility requirements.
3. Meet with NWMTCLT staff. Learn more about NWMTCLT and the homebuying process.
4. Wait for eligibility. If you are determined to be eligible, based on the information you've provided on the application, you will be contacted via email or phone. You will also be added to our interest list and will receive exclusive emails about homes for sale, as soon as they come available.
If we have questions about your application, we will be in touch.
You will be notified if you are determined to be ineligible - income/assets too low or income too high.
WHILE YOU'RE WAITING
Get Educated. Take Homebuyer's education. This is a requirement to move forward in our process.
Talk to a Lender. Understand what you can afford by applying to a participating mortgage lender. Once you have a pre-approval, we will re-affirm whether you qualify and work with that you can afford.
Continue to Save. Although no down payment is required, there are closing costs associated with buying a home. Learn more about those costs here.
Continue to Pay Off Debt. you should aim to have monthly debt obligations of less than 5% of your gross monthly income.
5. Express your interest. If or when you see a home on the website that you're interested in, let us know! If you see a home in one of our emails that you are interested in, follow the instructions in that email.
6. Attend one NWMTCLT board meeting . The NWMTCLT board meets once a month, Call for details, 406-261-8831.